Monday, May 6, 2013

Single Sista Shout Outs!!

I am taking a minute to shout out two local companies that I am very impressed with based in the DC/MD area.

1. Gone Greens, LLC

I went to the National Harbor Food and Wine Festival this past weekend. On my way there, my friend and I stopped at the farmer's market that was immediately outside of the festival. One table in particular caught our attention because the vendor said try our sauces/dips that are made out of collard greens. She had a pesto, pico de gallo, chutney and a few other VERY tasty sauces/dips. I love collard greens so this made my day. She also has cookbook that I will definitely be checking out soon! But I just wanted to shout out this company because I enjoyed the sauces/dips and definitely think you should support them. Gone Greens on Facebook and The Gone Greens Website


2. Capital Teas


Belle and I attended the Teas Around the World event on Sunday. It was held at the Living Social building in  DC and conducted by Capital Teas. Our instructor, Mr. Nkaiso Akpabio, gave us a serious lesson about green and black tea. We learned how long you should steep teas, this history behind the different teas, and that Lipton is basically the scrapple of tea. Yes, you read that right. Scrapple. There was no sugar or honey on the table so we truly got to taste and experience the flavors of each tea. The folks at Capital Teas know A LOT about tea and they have spent a lot time finding high quality tea. Did you know that you should be able to steep a real bag tea two to three times? Did you know you can infuse tea with alcohol? I highly recommend stopping by their National Harbor location. They have a wall of little jars and each jar has a sample of the teas so you can smell them. They also have some pretty exciting events coming up, including a poetry event. Capital Teas on Facebook and The Capital Teas Website

Check them out and let me know what you think! 

Salud! 







No comments:

Post a Comment