Thursday, May 2, 2013

My Breakfast Cookie

I just wanted to share the breakfast cookie I made last night while watching Law & Order SUV. I can officially say that you DO NOT need to make the breakfast cookie with a banana. I personally do not care for bananas and mine turned out yummy without it. But if you like bananas, go for it.

So here are the ingredients I used:
Rolled oats
Almond butter
Cacao powder
Flaxseed
Semi-sweet chocolate chips
Vanilla protein drink
Coconut palm sugar

I just used what I already had in the house. The vanilla protein drink was a nice touch since I do not have any protein mix and I used it instead of milk. I also thought the flaxseed was a nice touch to get some added omega 3 fatty acids (more information on flaxseeds: Health Properties of Flaxseeds). I added some cacao powder for some added antioxidants and iron (more information on cacao: About Cacao). And just a little coconut palm sugar (Coconut Palm Sugar, the LOW Glycemic Index Sweeteners). Side note: I will do a post on sweeteners VERY soon because I think it's important to address them. 

So I mixed everything in a bowl and placed it on a saucer to sit overnight uncovered in the fridge. This morning, this wonderful delight was waiting on me :)

It is definitely soft and you should be prepared to eat it off of whatever dish you use. I threw some saran wrap over it so I could take it to work and I enjoyed it at my desk. And I also wanted to show off in front of my co-workers. I will be making this again tonight for breakfast tomorrow!

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment