Wednesday, November 27, 2013

One of My Biggest Achievements for 2013!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Eve!! I've got TONS of blog posts that I would like to share (including what I am making for my own little Thanksgiving meal) but I definitely wanted to share one of my biggest achievements for the year with you!!!

I finished my first half-marathon!!! Yes FINISHED!!!!!!! It was a VERY humbling and spiritual experience for me. I cried a little when I finished because I almost couldn't believe it. But, I really did it!! I didn't do it for the medal, which is VERY heavy, nor did I do it to brag to people. I also didn't do it just so I could put the 13.1 magnet on my car (but I did get one for my car). But finishing that race was something I told myself I wanted to do last year, and I did it this year. Finishing gave me the satisfaction that when I set my mind to something, I can seriously do it. I have done challenging things before, but I raised the bar significantly on what I demanded for myself both mentally and physically when I decided to complete this race. I finished this race on November 10th but it really feels like yesterday (minus the few blisters I got).

I trained, hydrated, ate right, and finished a 13.1 mile race. So the take home message to you: It may not be a 13.1 mile race for you, but think about something that would require you to push yourself and go for it!! I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions because I believe in starting things yesterday. But take FULL advantage of this ONE precious life you have been given. A lot of people have told me that I have inspired them to run and become active. That seriously humbles me and warms my heart tremendously. It's VERY inspiring that people think I am inspiring. I set out to take care of myself and wanted share that by blogging. Knowing that someone, even if it is only one, finds what I say useful is a MAJOR accomplishment to me. I am a woman that loves serving, supporting and helping in the community. So on this eve of Thanksgiving, I say, THANK YOU for allowing me to give.

If you're home with your family and helping to prepare the dressing (or stuffing), enjoy! If you are just looking forward to the day off tomorrow and plan on ordering some take out, enjoy! Bottom line, enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving!!


No comments:

Post a Comment