Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Quick Fix - Lunch Edition: Tuna!


A dear friend of mine that is like a big sister to me told me she had some tuna fish for dinner one night and ever since then, I have been thinking about making some tuna fish. 

But before you reach for your usual ingredients, please note my recipe is a little different. You will notice I that I don't have any mayo on the counter. That's because, there no mayo in this recipe. I use hummus instead of mayo! And believe it or not, I do not miss the mayo. Plus this recipe gives tuna a nice wake up call and adds more nutrients to it. This recipe has less calories, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. I make enough to last a while so you can cut down the recipe some if you like. 

Without further delay, here it goes:

3 packets of tuna
3 celery stalks
1 shallot
1/2 - 3/4 cup of hummus (depending on your desired creaminess) 
1/4 cup red. yellow, or orange bell pepper
2-3 boiled and diced eggs (optional)
salt and pepper to taste

Sometimes I add dried cranberries to the recipe. 

Mix and let the it sit over night. Get yourself some some whole grain crackers or whole grain bread (that has not been pre-sliced, get it sliced at the store) and add a little lettuce or spinach and you have your lunch!

Let me know how you like it!

Salud!



No comments:

Post a Comment