Tuesday, June 28, 2016

The Pescatarian Life

Hey there! I'm still living and enjoying the pescatarian life! It's not always easy, especially when you get the side eye for not eating chicken. But I'm enjoying the positive outcomes from choosing this lifestyle so I'm going to stick with it as long as I feel like it. I actually did this once before when I was in grad school for almost a year. Right now, I'm at 3.5 months.
A few of you have asked about my shrimp, red pepper, and potatoes packet. That was one of the easiest things that I have ever made. I took some frozen shrimp (I have fallen in love with the Trader Joe's brand pictured). Then I just cut up some red peppers and potatoes, seasoned everything with a little pink sea salt and pepper, and drizzled some olive oil over everything. I added just a little Earth Balance (you can add butter if you like) to the potatoes. Baked in the oven at 425 for a few minutes and then voila! 

Here's a more precise breakdown:

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail off (Can be frozen or fresh shrimp, at least medium size)
  • 1 pound baby red potatoes, cut into thin slices
  • 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
  • Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves (optional)
Instructions
  • Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
  • Cut four sheets of foil, about 12-inches long. Divide shrimp and potatoes into 4 equal portions and add to the center of each foil in a single layer. (Note: In the picture it is all in one piece of foil, I don't recommend that)
  • Fold up all 4 sides of each foil packet. Add olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine. Fold the sides of the foil over the shrimp, covering completely and sealing the packets closed.
  • Place foil packets on a baking sheet lined with foil and cook until just cooked through, about 15-17 minutes.*
  • Served immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Notes
*This can also be cooked on a gas grill
*You can add sausage and corn to the mix as well

This meal took no time to prep! It can definitely be good quick meal for a large group of people. 

That's it from me! Remember I'm taking requests for recipes and just general questions. 

Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment