Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Salad I Can Eat Every Day

Hello lovelies! So let me start by saying that I have started my 10K/half marathon training!! As a  result, I have really tightened the reigns on my diet (what I eat) so that I can make my runs more effective.

Below you will find the salad that I can eat everyday. Yes, everyday! In fact, in 2012 while working in a previous position, I ate some variation of this salad everyday for 5 months straight! It took all the guess work out of planning my meals for the week. Today's version has spinach, grilled chicken, cucumbers, and beets. The dressing (in the little white container) is a WONDERFUL creation from Trader Joe's called Champagne Pear Vinaigrette. On the occassion I will add a few walnuts or almonds and/or a boiled egg. Oh and I like to dice up a red pepper.

So why am I saying all this? Basically this is all related back to my previous post about finding your snack. Find what YOU like. I like cucumbers as an afternoon snack and salads for lunch. Again, that's me. Once you figure out what works for your stick with it. Your body will thank you AND so will your wallet :)

Until next time, Salud!

No comments:

Post a Comment