Sunday, April 6, 2014

Why Do You Like Advanced Meal Prep?

Hi lovelies!! It has definitely been a minute and I have definitely missed you all. No, seriously, I missed you! I'm still training for my half (3 weeks away!!!) and now that the weather is getting nice I am FINALLY getting out to more events again. I've been super busy lately, but I am hoping things slow down a little soon. I've also been dabbling in raw food lately. Check out this awesome completely raw salad.



Made with shredded kale, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and broccoli. I also added some red peppers, mushrooms, and raw onion rings. I made the dressing with equal parts flavored vinegar and olive oil.

So, now to the reason for this post. I have a few friends that prepare their meals in advance, like me :) I have already talked about why I love preparing all my meals in advance, but I also wanted to share why other people find it beneficial.

So I asked my dear friend Jason to share his perspective. And here are his responses to some questions I asked him:

1. How long has you been preparing your food for the week in advance?
I started six weeks ago.

2. What made you start doing this?
Circumstances in my job changed: I have a more steady travel schedule which makes cooking for myself practical.  I also started a new fitness plan which had simple portion control at its cornerstone.

3. Is there a specific day that you like cook?
Weekends (although I prep when I have less than one day ahead of meals.)
4. Are you multi-tasking while you are preparing your food? (i.e. watching TV, listening to music, talking on the phone)  
yep, music mostly or tv
5. How has this been beneficial to you?  
I lost 14 lbs - steady weight loss has been a struggle for me.
6. What is your favorite item to prepare?  
I love chicken, to eat and prepare - it is versatile and pairs  with everything.
7. Do you any tips for anyone that wants to start preparing their food in advance?  
Know yourself.  If you won't eat it don't prep it.  The simplest means are true fuel when you are pushing yourself in your workouts.  The fresher the better.  Strive not to over prepare and waste foods, but it will happen.  Plan to cheat.  Nothing crashes healthy eating more than unabated cravings.  Set boundaries: some foods don't prep well or you won't eat day after day.


Hope this provides some more insight into advanced meal prep. Stay tuned for another installment!!

SALUD!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment