Saturday, October 5, 2013

Single Sista Quick Fix Original - Chicken & Kale Fried Rice

You asked for it so here it is!! This recipe is SO SIMPLE!! Not even really a recipe, just a Quick Fix. I had to pat myself on the back after I made this one! It was completely off the cuff and it only took 15 minutes!!

Little background, I had some sauteed kale that I had prepared a few days before already on deck. (I sauteed the kale with olive oil, garlic and shallots). I also had some lightly seasoned (little Kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic) chicken breasts. I wanted something different for dinner that night but really didn't want buy anything. So what did I do?

First, I cut up the chicken breast into cubes. I had two of them. (Sorry about the blurry pic)

Next, I cut up the kale. I would say I had roughly 1.5 - 2 cups. 
 

I added a little extra virgin olive oil to the pan and mixed the chicken and kale together. I then added a little black pepper and just a few red pepper flakes for a little kick.
 
For the rice, I took some frozen rice that had some veggies in it and mixed that in to my chicken and kale. The BEAUTIFUL thing is you can do this with ANY cold or frozen rice. If you make the rice right before it will make the dish too gummy. So yes, cold or frozen rice. Works VERY well with brown rice :)

Continue stirring until the rice is completely thawed/re-heated. Should take about 5 - 7 minutes.  

And there you have it!! This is super easy, simple, and yummy!!! I used leftovers and created something tasty and pretty healthy. You can add other ingredients like tofu, seafood, or just more veggies (broccoli or red peppers for example). Don't be afraid to experiment with this recipe. 
 
Let me know if you make this and how it turns out! And as ALWAYS, SALUD!! 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome sis! And here I am spending money on the TJ’s version (which is very good BTW). Salud!

    P.S. - This whole blog is fly and the background pics are inspiring (both to eat and to cook, in that order)

    ReplyDelete