Saturday, September 14, 2013

Quick Fix - Drink Edition

So, I have been working on drinking a lot more water. I normally drink about 6 glasses on average per day, but in the evenings I often want something else to drink. Aside from almond milk, I do not have any other drinks in my fridge right now to encourage drinking more water.

Well, one night I wanted something different, so I went to the lab! I grabbed a few mint leaves (5-6), the juice from half a fresh squeezed lemon, 1 tablespoon of honey, and roughly 1.5 tablespoons of minced baby ginger. I put everything in my mortar and mixed everything with my pestle for about 2-3 minutes. I added the mixture to a glass and poured some fresh water on top of it. Let's just say I have found my new evening drink ;)

If you have some fresh fruit, feel free to add that to the mix as well. Either way, this is a nice quick fix to cut down on added sugar.

Enjoy and SALUD!!! (SIP and AHHHH!!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment